Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Easter Stories: Classic Tales for the Holy Season, a review


There are a number of anthologies containing stories about the Advent season but I haven't seen very many for Easter (aka:  Resurrection Day).  So I was very interested in reading this book.

It contains a number of stories by authors familiar to us and those... not so much.  I didn't read every story and you probably wouldn't either.  But I chose those by favorite authors such as C. S. Lewis, Elizabeth Goudge, Walter Wangerin, and Leo Tolstoy. 

This is not a glossy storybook but rather a simple compilation of stories about Jesus, His Death, and His Resurrection.  Some would call it old fashioned, I would say it is "Classic".

It would especially make the perfect addition for any family wanting good read aloud stories for the Easter Season.  However, the stories are of such literary quality that they would make for good reading all year long.

This book was given to me by the publisher but the opinions are my own.

For more information about Easter Stories at Amazon.com, go... here.*

*All links to Amazon.com are Associate links.  I thank you.

1 comment:

Vee said...

I wandered off to visit Amazon and forgot to come back until now. That was an interesting group of authors. Oscar Wilde? Interesting.